Thursday 26 January 2017

DIRECTIONS UNIT: DRAFT SCRIPT

When choosing the clips that I wanted to remake I also had to write up a script. By looking online I was able to find the original screenplay for 'Shaun of the Dead' which meant I was able to copy the original script and make my first draft of my screenplay for my own version.


With making my script, I did have to take out the joke about the pub being called 'The Winchester' and the landlord having a Winchester riffle above the bar since I can't get a pub called that or get a riffle since I would have to go through the police. However, taking away the joke doesn't effect the script at all. As well as this, the script contains dialogue that didn't make it into the final version of the film. I decided to keep this and see how this can work in my version, although I found that Edgar writes in the close up sequences in his scripts. I, again, chose to keep this in my version. 

When I showed it to Simon, he told me my script was 'Greenlight' and I could go ahead with this version of the script. 

No comments:

Post a Comment