Sunday 29 January 2017

DIRECTIONS UNIT: GETTING MAIN ACTORS AND EXTRAS


Since we are required to use actual actors for this unit I put out a job application for my Shaun of the Dead re-make. Although I've only advertised for the main characters, Shaun and Ed. Since these are the only 2 actors that have actual dialogue and actions which I'll need to direct I've decided to use Casting Call Pro to try and get professional actors onboard with the project. All the extras I'm going to ask my classmates and some of my friends as well. 
So with the 2 main characters these are the breakdowns that I've done for them:

Shaun is 31 years old. Male. From London. Skinny Man who works at a computer shop as a team leader. He's worked there for over 5 years and hasn't really achieved anything in life. He lives with his (lazy) friend Ed and another friend Pete. Shaun doesn't have any ambitions for his life and likes to just go to work, go to the pub and repeat the same the following day.
He's in love with his girlfriend Liz and is devastated when she breaks up with him. He just moans and cries about it over and over again.

30 years old. Male. From London. Slightly overweight. Ed is unemployed and has no interest or aims of getting a job anytime soon. He's very lazy and if he needs some money he'll sell some weed to his drug dealer friends. Ed's favourite motto is 'fuck it'. He doesn't care or take things seriously, he thinks everything can be made better by having a pint in the pub. Ed can be very rude and inconsiderate but he loves Shaun and loves to have fun with him. 
Ed likes to just sit around and play on his playstation and is overall a very lazy character.

So with those character breakdowns in place I went on to the casting website and finished up the advert. For the payment I've offered the actors full credit, a copy of the finished film and as well I can put forward £40 to each actor to help with Travel expenses. 


(Images from google.com/castingcallpro.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment