Sunday 12 February 2017

DIRECTIONS UNIT: ACTING DRUNK

When looking into how I can have my actors acting when it comes to them being 'drunk', I did some research on how to act drunk. Although I've been drunk many times myself, everyone is different but you just need to be able to show that you are drunk without doing anythings silly or stupid.
Edgar Wright directed the film 'The Worlds End' which is about a group of friends coming on a pub crawl and he directed this really well.
I've seen plenty of actors act drunk but over do it where it becomes really stupid and not believable. However, I found Simon Pegg's technique of this is 'The 12 stages of drunkness' and this helped me when planning through my directions for the actors with this.

At the beginning of the film they aren't drunk, they've had one or 2 pints. By the second scene they've had a couple of pints. They'll start to have a slow blink and deep breaths because the alcohol is kicking in. By the scene where they're outside the pub they will be drunk and very drunk so they'll sway and be loud, etc.

This little bit will make a huge difference to the scene and really bring out the comical side of the scenes I've chosen. As well as making this much more believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment