Thursday 9 May 2019

PRODUCTION: CONOR SHOOT (DAY 7)

The start of this shoot went really well. Communication and team work between me and Jemma was excellent, the reference images helped find the locations we needed but also when walking around and looking for locations we found really good areas including a big sign by the the light house saying "Folkestone". The weather turned from Sunny to cloudy while we were filming the GV's so the footage is slightly different at some parts, however we may be able to change this in the grade.


Once we got to Conor's house, we started setting up the interviews straight away. Victoria found that we couldn't actually interview Conor's husband or his friend, this didn't cause huge issues as we were able to get the information we needed from Conor, the others would have been extra. When setting up Conor's interview, Jemma and I added in some photos of him and his husband behind him to add into the background and just dress the set, the rest looked fine as this was his living room but we just wanted the extra little bit of detail.



Prior to filming, Jemma and I discussed about changing the shot during the interview and Jemma noted on her list of questions what shot she wanted where using the following:

W = Wide shot
M = Mid shot
C = Close up


This really helped me when shooting the interview as this meant I didn't need to look to and from the camera and Jemma and I could simply focus on the camera and then change the shot when the relevant question is being asked.


After this, Conor showed us that he had a small room where he keeps all his outfits, wigs and make-up in, he called it his Drag Room. Jemma then asked to do a MTV Style interview where we followed Conor into his Drag room and he explained the outfits, wigs, etc to us. I spoke with Jemma and explained I need to take breaks during this filming as last time I walked and operated without practice it became difficult so me and Jemma agreed that every 5 questions we'd take a small break, allow me to put the camera down and then continue which helped me much more with operating.


Once this was done we moved over to Conor styling a wig. Luckily Conor actually needed to style a wig for his friend so we were able to film him doing this as well as interviewing him so we had an actuality interview with Conor and Tanya as well. I got a mixture of shots and angles for Conor styling the wig as well as plenty of mid and close ups so we had enough coverage for the edit.




Overall I think this shoot went really well. We were all organised and communicated well. I learnt from previous shoots from operating and also my communication to Jemma and Victoria, I stayed calm throughout this shoot and spoke with Jemma when something concerned me (operating the camera in the drag room) and we worked through it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment