Monday 6 May 2019

PRODUCTION: TANYA SHOOTS PREPARATION

Our next shoot for the documentary is down in Cornwall with Tanya. This will have us filming for around 2-3 days getting both Tanya's life and also the GV's of her home town. An aspect I've kept with my planning from pre-production is the 'reference images' on my shot list for suggestions on locations to film down in Bodmin which are are fairly close together. Speaking with Jemma we'll also have to recce and film as we go around the location as we don't know the area and haven't been previously.

Kit list:



I've listed a lot more kit to be taken for this shoot due interviews being filmed and for that lighting and audio equipment is required. As we're filming our first main interview and we will be filming other interviews while down in Cornwall I'm bringing our main camera the Canon C100. I'm only bringing 2 lights as I feel I won't require anymore since Tanya's room which we're filming in is quite small and also all the walls are white so I'll be able to bounce light off the walls if needed and for this I'm also bringing 2 reflectors which can be changed into diffusers if I need to soften the lights for the interviews.

I'm also bringing all three of my lenses (24mm-70mm Tamron 2.8F, 50mm Canon 1.4F, 50mm Macro Canon 2.8F) as I know I'll want a mixture of different shots during filming and we might want to do a lens change during the interviews. Better to be prepared. I'm also bringing my shoulder rig with a Follow focus to make operating slightly easier, this is more for all the actuality during Tanya's sections rather than the GV's or the interviews as we'll likely film on the tripod we're bringing down.

I've chosen to bring with us the Sony A7S as well as a back-up camera. This is in case I have issues with the main camera or just if we wanted to divide the footage up, so if Jemma wanted to film some cutaways while I was filming something like Tanya's live stream for example, I'm simply being prepared for any scenario as we'll be miles away from Production base so I'm thinking ahead for back-ups just to be safe.



Shot list

Page 1-3:



Something which I brought in on the last shot lists was the reference images for the locations as we haven't been able to recce them prior to filming. So after speaking to Jemma I asked what sort of GV's she'd like to get, she explained she wanted shots of the town, a town hall if possible, a landmark such as a church and also a sign welcoming us to Bodmin. However, the GV's also need to show how rural the area is as this is something we're talking about a lot with Tanya's section and it's one of the reasons she stands out as a character. I found a few roads and farms on the internet but me and Jemma discussed and we said we would walk around and find what we can, we'll have to anyway to get to the location but at least with these reference images I know a few bits to find and film. 

Page 4:


I broke up the shot list into sections simply to make filming easier, also as I know we're down for a few days and Victoria has noted in her schedule we'll be filming Bodmin GV's, then Tanya's interview and then the live stream over the course of our shoot down there so it's easier to also have it in this order.

I listed all the interviews together and colour coded them orange to make it simpler to find them and sort them between GV's or actuality footage. I did the same with the live stream (Colour coding it purple).

Page 5:


Through the 4th and 5th page I've noted all the cutaways, I've tried to consider everything we'd need to film from Tanya's outfits, make-up and wigs as well as getting close ups and different range of shots of everything so we have a range of footage for the edit. I've also noted getting any posters on the wall (as long as they don't go against copyright laws) as well as Tanya actually doing her make-up for an establishing shot.

Page 6:



For the live stream, I've noted to film through the mirror (Tanya will still be doing her make-up during the stream) and also focus on the phone to change up the footage as the stream will probably be between 30-60 minutes. We'll also be getting the footage from Tanya's phone of the stream so we'll have that to mix in as well.

Tanya and her Father's interview is still set to be a two shot interview and I'll cut into each individuals depending on the question and the topic at the time of the questions.

With all this preparation I feel very ready for this shoot and although we don't know the location 100% yet I feel like this is a good head start for the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment