Monday 23 April 2018

STUDIO PRODUCTION: SCRIPT V1 & 2 + BLOCKING


The First version of the script there was many changes we had to make straight away. When looking through this script however, I began making the camera notes down on the script in pen rather than on the online document, incase I needed to change them. In Steals of the Season the Presenters would talk about the styles and trends and I noted that we'd have to see photos up on screen for this. Visually the audience need to see it. I also noted that presenter 1 has far too much dialogue and it needs to be balanced. Main issue we found is that it hadn't been matched with the running order so we weren't able to have the correct timings with this script and also the Mystery Guest section hadn't been completed as we haven't chosen our Drag Queen yet (currently in the process).


Script V2

This version of the script, I added in my camera shots for my sections. George, myself and Jemma & Victoria worked out that the best time to do the crew swap would be during the Online Fails VT, as this is halfway through the show and we then wouldn't have to stop for a break or a change, we could just go straight through with the show. So my sections of the show are:

- Old to New
- DIY
- Mystery Guest
- Round up & Credits

For the DIY interview and the Mystery Guest interview, I'll be going with a very simple shooting style, cutting between a 3 shot, 2 shot of the presenters and a single of the guest. With DIY we are hoping to get photos of the sellers work to bring up for graphics but this needs to be discussed when I meet up with her.



Old to New, I chose to have the presenters in the hard area since they will be going over to the catwalk so I thought if they're stood at the centre we wouldn't have much to walk and could easily cut to a 3 shot rather than a pan or track over. I tried to make this section more interesting by going into singles and back to a 2 shot of the presenters before going into a 3 shots and singles of the model with the dad shoes. This section is very short but I decide on a more interesting way to shoot this until I get into the studio and block it through.





I couldn't write in the cameras for the Drag Queens performance as I don't know what the performance will be yet. I've allocated cameras for this section and I'm looking into cutting it as if it were a music video, not a chat show but only for the performance section.  Such as the video below:


This is in regards to the speed and pace of the cuts, not the style of shooting or the shots used. For the Drag Queens performance I imagine I will use Close ups and wide singles but I'll be researching into some Drag Queen performances before I do this. The round up of the show I've found a tricky one to visualise, I didn't write in my camera plans for this section as I can't see how I will block it and I'll have to block it through during rehearsals to see what will work best.

No comments:

Post a Comment