Tuesday 24 April 2018

STUDIO PRODUCTION: SECOND REHEARSAL

In today's session we continued blocking through the sections. Starting with George in the morning, we practiced through with some of the rough cut VT's and also with a title sequence we found on the data base of the Maidstone TV Studios. Working through George's sections, even though we didn't have the stings, VT's or Graphics, Del still wanted us to cue them and get used to saying "Stand by VT, roll VT". We found that Steals of the Season was still running over and taking a lot of time, almost 10 minutes of our show was just that section.

We have now purchased the mannequin and also shot the Presenter Challenge VT, so we were able to practice the reveal of the outfit and how we would have the Fashion Fails Section afterwards. We still didn't manage to get a full run through of the show as we struggled to block through the sections. Del also suggested and helped us reposition our camera department so that they would be able to shoot better shots and work better with the space we had.


When I began blocking through my sections, Old to New went fine, still a bit rough but the structure is there, however I did mess up using the split screen. When watching the section, I think I can shoot that entire section with a 2 Shot while the presenters speak, go to a 3 shot when the model walks on, over to a split screen when the model is on the catwalk and then back to a 2 shot to end the section and roll the VT. However, I will need to practice this.
When practicing the change over to DIY, my camera department were explaining that the positioning wasn't working for them, this is when Del stepped in and moved our cameras around to help. When needed, I often found I preferred to go onto the Floor and block through rather than work from the gallery and I found it easier to communicate to the entire crew rather than to the floor manager and then have them block it out. DIY worked as well as it could as we didn't have Bonnie here. This went the same for the Drag Queen section. For the performance, I wanted it shot very fast paced but we couldn't practice this as we didn't have the song for them or the Drag Queen in the rehearsal either, I practiced as best as I could, I had all the cameras on the catwalk for the performance and this caused me a lot of issues when it came time to move to the interview.

Finally, I blocked through the Round-up at the end. I knew I wanted this to be lively and fun and we wanted all the contributors back on the set. I split the set into 3 sections for it. Models on the catwalk, Drag Queen in the hard area and Bonnie back on the catwalk. My choice for this was because the models used the catwalk the most, Bonnie is only ever seen in the soft area and our Drag Queen was the big reveal of the show so I thought they would have the middle and the main attention. Our Presenters would stand up and introduce everyone as they are shown.
Blocking the timing for this went VERY bad, trying to cue everyone wasn't going great and it didn't seem to flow, once we'd finally blocked it I still wasn't happy, it didn't seem to flow and work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment