Saturday 28 April 2018

TRANSITIONS UNIT: THE PITCH



Above is our pitch for our Transitions Unit. When we pitched this, Victoria was off sick so only myself and Jemma pitched the idea for the remake. We split the pitch up for presenting it and also had Victoria's comments at hand for her slides. 

Through the pitch we explained why we had chosen this show and it's current popularity, as well as its connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. One of the main points we wanted to get across straight away was the fact we have don't have a Director for this project. We explained the way around this which was that the script, actors and Locations will be sorted by our Producer, Victoria and the style, tone and look of the remake will be decided by me.

Victoria's notes had us explain that the role of a Producer is difficult but challenging. In regards to the script, we didn't have any notes but from the feedback, Simon explained that we would need to make the remake our own. Not just do the same as the original programme. With regards to my section of the pitch...
I had already begun to look into the style of filming for Jessica Jones. Often with handheld camera movement like in Daredevil with dark colours but mixing in with that purple tone that we see through the posters and style of the pitch. I wanted to change this. I wanted the camera to work with the emotion of the scene. With the beginning being very steady and stabilised shots, then speeding up and more movement coming towards the end of the scene where the emotions of the scene change.

I also looked into what sort of camera I wanted to use. I want to have moon light rather than street lights to being forward the sadness that Jessica feels as well as the over all mood of the scene. With this in mind I knew I would be using very low amounts of light and for that I looked into using one of the Sony A7 lines of Mirrorless DSLR cameras as they are currently the best cameras on the market for low light and gives a nice, greyish sort of look (examples of which I showed in the presentation).

Jemma explained what it was she wanted to achieve through the edit, working off the style that I was intending with the cinematography but also taking her own toll on the project through the sound design to build up tension and mood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment